Friday, March 6, 2009

A bit of good news

When reading the news, whether it be social or scientific, I am always bothered by how many articles are full of doom and gloom. So when I come across one that actually points out things that have gone right, I feel the urge to share it with you.

Check out this article

This article talks about our effect on acid rain. In particular, I like how it embraces the idea of how scientific research on a problem, understanding its social implications, and creating effective legislation actually can mitigate some of our environmental damage.

I'm glad to see that the US has effectively dealt with the largest causes of acid rain, and that we're still ahead of the curve compared with other countries on at least one ecological issue.

Happy Friday!

No comments: